Cyclechic’s Wicker Bike Basket Bracket
Attach your wicker basket to your bike with this clever and discreet metal bracket.
- Attaches at the Handlebar stem
- Small and discreet ensuring your wicker basket looks elegant and stylish
- Holds the basket steady and straight so it doesn’t dip forward and interfere with brake cables.
- Fits threaded headsets with a 1 and 1/8 inches steering tube. See image below for how to measure your steering tube
- Max weight 2.5kg
- Stainless steel
1. Undo your bike’s stem bolt with a 6mm allen key and remove handbars/stem.
2. Remove top nut using an adjustable spanner and pop on the bracket.
3. Replace top nut and tighten with an adjsutable spanner (pic 5) and reattach stem/handlebars.
4. Line up basket to desired position and punch 2 holes in the wall of the basket. Or prise the bolts through the natural gaps in the wicker ensuring they are alligned.
5. Screw bolts into the holes in your basket and into the holes in the black plate which sits inside the basket. Tighten with a screwdriver and you are good to go.
This handy bracket will help you attach your wicker basket to your bike and make sure it looks gorgeously vintage with no chunky plastic bracket in sight.
We sell a lot of wicker bike baskets and nothing beats them for adding vintage charm to your bike but they can be very difficult to attach.
The beauty of this bracket is it attaches securely on your handlebar stem and then directly into the wall of the basket so it’s strong yet streamline. You will firstly need to measure your steering tube to check it’s 1 and 1/8 inches to see if this will fit. If it’s 1 inch only, email us, as we will soon have a 1 inch version available.
You will need to be a little handy with a screwdriver to affix but nothing too challenging. See installation guide above.
Whilst this bracket will enable your bike basket to withhold day- to-day things – a handbag, a pint of milk and a loaf of bread – it won’t be strong enough for dogs or children! Capacity limit: 2.5kg