The Cycle to Work Scheme
The Cycle To Work Scheme is a Government-backed initiative that aims to get more people to cycle to work to improve their health and reduce pollution and congestion on the road. The scheme provides large savings on the cost of bikes and accessories and is quick and easy to use. Here’s a quick video that explains how it all works:
If you would like to see how much you could save, enter your details into our savings calculator.
How do I apply for the scheme?
- After deciding to apply for the scheme, just speak to your employer / HR department to get permission to get a quote.
- Fill in the application form on the Green Commute Intiative website.
- Proforma is generated. Take this to your employer to be paid.
- Salary sacrifice agreement and hire agreement are e-mailed to you to be e-signed. Once both documents are signed, GCI pays Cyclechic via a self-invoice.
- Voucher is e-mailed to you.
- Contact us with your voucher details and we will send you your bike.
You can find out more about the scheme by visiting the Green Commute Initiative.
Why cycle to work?
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting to cycle to work, but there are probably more benefits than you realise:
- A healthier you – both in mind and body
- Reaching your fitness goals more quickly
- A happier you as you become healthier and fitter
- Enjoying your commute to work so you arrive on time and feeling energised
- Becoming more effective in your work
- Saving money on fuel and car parking costs
There are also environmental benefits to cycling including less congestion and less pollution through lower emissions and reduced noise.
If you’re ready to purchase from us using the scheme, please get in touch and we can guide you through your purchase.
You can contact us via phone or email using the details on our contact page. We look forward to hearing from you.