Tern GSD S10 LR Electric Cargo Bike
With a 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight, the GSD is ready to replace your car. It’ll let you carry two kids plus groceries, or a whole lot of cargo—but it’s the same length as a regular bike. Built-in dual-battery technology lets you ride all day, while space-saving features like FlatFold and Vertical Parking make the GSD incredibly easy to own and use.
Here at Cyclechic we test-ride and review all the e-bikes and e-cargo bikes we sell and we only sell bikes we 100% approve. We LOVE the GSD, read Caz’s full review here. Review of the Tern GSD Electric Cargo Bike. “My new car is an e-bike…”
- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (400/900 Wh) for a range of up to 195 km (121 mi)
- Shimano® Deore 1 × 10-speed hub for smooth, efficient shifting
- Adjustable cockpit comfortably fits riders 150 – 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Integrated Abus® Wheel Lock, keyed-alike with the battery
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels™ with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- Fits two Thule® Yepp Maxi seats, no adapters needed
Delivery & Assembly
My new car is an ebike. It’s a Tern GSD S10 and after two weeks of riding it I am a complete convert. I have officially gone electric.
This wonderful, practical machine has replaced my bike and my car (for local journeys), and I’m not sure I can ever go back. It will help you feel safer and more secure on the road, use your car less and get more stuff done.
I’m a busy working mum of two and getting stuff done is high on the agenda. And when I look on the frame of The Tern GSD, it says those very words: ‘Get stuff done’. This bike is speaking my language.
I have always cycled a lot for local journeys, but sometimes the car is just quicker and easier. And as my youngest daughter, nearly five, gets bigger (and I get older), getting her on the back of my regular bike is becoming harder and harder. Yes, she can cycle her own bike, but as many parents know, with busy roads and recycling bins in your path, that’s not always an efficient, stress-free solution. You need to get them on and go, deliver them safely to school, and get on with your day without turning into a shouty, stressed out mess, all before 9am.
Enter the Tern GSD…
How does it feel to ride? It may sound cheesy but when the electric power kicks in, it makes me feel really happy! You get right to the good bit of cycling without those first few tough rotations, and sometimes wobbles, that you might normally experience with a child on the back.
And I feel much safer on the roads riding the Tern GSD. There’s something about the smooth, calm speed that makes you feel very secure and stable. Cars are definitely treating me differently, waiting patiently behind me, giving me more space, and letting me past as if I were a car. This confident position means I am using it more for challenging trips across town – Gym Club, Grandma’s house – where I might have otherwise opted for the car.
Black, Beetle Blue, Dark Sage, Rhino Grey, School Bus Yellow, Tabasco